I am guessing I have a similarly titled post every year since I started blogging if I were to look back because right around this time every year I start day dreaming about all the things I want to do and eat and enjoy when summer hits. I have been compiling a list to share, and this year I will be on maternity leave all summer long, so I can't wait to delve in with my sweet 2 year old daughter and new baby!
I am also focusing on making this list toddler friendly and attainable for me to do (sometimes with a bit of help!). My hope is this inspires you to make your own summer list and mix it up a bit to enjoy all that summer has to offer!
1. U-Pick farm for strawberry picking
2. Take out Laventinas Pizza and Beach Sunset
3. Attend an outdoor movie
4. Park Picnics with friends
5. Drink a beer on the roof top at Ballast Point Long Beach
6. Spontaneous pool days
7. Go to a baseball game
8. Throw a Bastille Day dinner party
9. BBQ/Bonfire nights in our backyard
10. Bake a fruit pie from scratch
11. Visit the Getty Villa
12. Visit the Fullerton Arboretum
13. Take a family hike
14. Big Bear for the Day
15. Eat Balboa Bars
16. Create a summer cocktail
17. Make home made popsicles
18. Breakfast at the Original Pancake House
19. Spend a day at the beach
20. Bootleggers Brewery and Poke Bowls
I linked a bunch of these things, so those that don't know what I am talking about, you can take a look :)
I find having a list like this gives those days when I feel motivated to leave the house, but I am not sure what to do, some direction. Then I can just pull up this list and go!
What are you looking forward to this summer?